Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm back!!!

Ladies, I am so sorry I have been gone for so long but I am back and ready to start dishing out fall fashion advice!  Life got busy and the blog fell by the wayside, but enough of you have roused me out of my haze and said to get back to writing!  Thanks so much for your support and encouragement!  I hope what I write helps you in some small way.

The past couple of days have been about 60 degrees and it makes me want to put those boots on and pull out the fall clothes.  But what to wear???  Here are a few of my fall picks.







1)  Red pants -- You've probably seen these all over the fashion magazines (if you have a spare moment to read them!), but they really are very current and wearable.  They are appropriate for work, and appropriate for any moment you want to make a real fashion statement (dinner with the girls?).  I'd wear them with a white button down shirt, a skinny leopard print belt and a statement necklace.  White, black, navy and animal prints are perfect partner to red pants.  Dixie pants, anthropologie.com, $98

2)  Killer shoes -- No, I don't mean shoes that kill your feet...rather shoes that make people stop and stare.  I will only wear shoes that are comfortable, so my pick is one in which you can actually walk!  Naya shoes from Nordstrom are actually a comfort shoe disguised as a fashion shoe.  This comes in the brown combo and black.  Both are stunning!  Perfect with jeans or dressy cropped pants.  Naya "Kasha Pump", nordstrom.com, $159.95

3)  The dress -- I love this faux wrap dress from Cabi.  I have several Cabi dresses and they have never let me down.  They are wash and wear, extremely hard to wrinkle and a good price for such a useful dress.  Pair this dress with black tights and platform pumps, booties or knee-high boots, and you are set!  Cabionline.com, $108

4)  Statement necklace -- Oh how I love a statement necklace.  You can wear an inexpensive sweater from Target, but when you pair it with a statement necklace it is automatically elevated!  This is high - low dressing at its best.  The one shown is $68 at Nordstrom (Torsade necklace), but I also love the Sunset necklace from Ann Taylor (geodes! $88) and the Marchesa necklace from Stella and Dot ($178).  The statement necklace should be super cool, very fun and you should LOVE wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment