Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tangled yarn

Hello everyone!  Perhaps you have heard of Etsy.com?  Etsy is an online community for artisans of all sorts, and is one of my favorite websites for browsing and buying gifts.  Everything is totally unique and handcrafted...I can't resist!

Some of you may know that my beautiful mother, Judi, is battling ovarian cancer.  A friend of hers is an Etsy artisan (The Tangled Yarn shop) and named her best selling crocheted scarf after my mother, "Judi's magic scarf".  Why?  Because my mother makes friends wherever she goes (like magic!), and has never met a stranger.  This is my mom's all time favorite scarf...she wears it spring, summer, fall and winter.  At $18, this handcrafted beauty is a bargain, and you can request it in any color you like!  

Another particular favorite of mine is the set of 3 crocheted dishcloths for $12.  I love the subdued neutral colors, which have such an organic feel, and besides, who doesn't need a dishcloth?  This is a perfect gift for anyone on your list!  Visit http://www.etsy.com/shop/tangledyarn





2 comments:

  1. I've hit the big time! Thank you for the kind words. Judi speaks often of your impeccable taste so I feel truly honored to be featured in your blog. Look for a little 'thank you' the next time you see your Mom.

    Cheers~

    Penny Vossler aka TangledYarn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Penny! I love your items and respect your talent! Best wishes for much success.

    ReplyDelete