Friday, March 4, 2011

Chic shoe bags

Packing for a trip is part art, part science.  One thing I like to do is keep my shoes separated from my clothes and toiletries (dirt and clothes don't mix!).  I don't mind packing, but I do tend to bring too many shoes to my destination.  I used to pack my shoes in plastic Target bags (the REUSE part of the 3-Rs), but they were flimsy and would end up ripping.  Besides, I try to eschew plastic altogether these days!

Two years ago I found the cutest fabric shoe bags, and believe me, they will entice you to pack too many shoes as well!  The fun prints are addictive and the bags (made in the USA) are so sturdy.  Not only do these bags perfectly protect your shoes, I have found they make great packing bags for curling irons, flat irons, hairdryers and brushes...you know, all those odd hair items we need to bring with us!

These bags are available at www.shubilove.com.  I like the Shubi one piece bag (a pair of shoes fit perfectly inside) for $29.  These make GREAT gifts!  Aren't they chic!


No comments:

Post a Comment