Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Looking chic at the pool or beach







Who doesn't love sunning themselves at the pool, or digging their toes in the sand? Even though you are chasing those kiddos around and making sure that none of your brood is drowning, it is easy to look chic!


1. Big Sun hat -- I love a big sunhat to keep those rays off my face & shoulders! I have a pink and brown one from San Diego Hat Company that I adore. Big floppy sun hats just look more polished than a baseball cap and provides infinitely more coverage. Banana Republic is currently carrying an adorable straw sun hat that would look good on most anyone.

2. Tote Bag -- I love the large LL Bean & Lands End tote bags for schlepping towels, sunscreen and snacks. They are truly an American icon, and are so reasonably priced. I love to get mine monogrammed!

3. Fun beach towels -- Now is NOT the time to be using your free "Disney Cruise" towel. Bring unique (matching) towels to the pool and you will be surprised how many compliments you'll get! Pottery Barn has great beach towels. The more colorful, the better!

4. Anthelios 45 sunscreen for the face (La Roche-Posay) -- $29.95 This is the gold standard in sunscreen and it is worth every penny. Once only available in Europe, it is now widely available in the states. I once burned to a crisp in Mexico, despite putting SPF 30 on my body. My face, however, was the only place that DIDN'T burn, thanks to Anthelios 45 (yeah, no wrinkles!). I love the entire Roche-Posay line. www.laroche-posay.us

5. Adorable beach cover-up -- My find of the season comes from Nordstroms, and I dare say it would look good on ANY body type. This beach cover-up by Make & Model comes in a wide variety of colors. Perfection at $38!

6. Stylish flip flops -- Havianas, J Crew or Tory Burch. Enough said!




No comments:

Post a Comment