Tuesday, May 25, 2010

To look like a million dollars, splurge on these items!
















There are a few things that I think are truly worth a splurge. These are items that will get a lot of use and are foundations of your wardrobe. You may only be able to get one item every season (or every other season!), but they will be worth it! These splurges will elevate EVERYTHING you wear.

1. Chic Sunglasses -- I like rather large, roundish sunglasses that give me a lot of coverage. I hate to squint (and the wrinkles it causes)! Your sunglasses should preferably be brand-name (you are going to wear them everyday, aren't you!). They should not be "athletic looking" unless you play beach volleyball for a living. I like to have three pair: a black pair, a brown pair and a pair of aviators. Aviators have looked chic since the day they were introduced. Trust me, sunglasses are a place to splurge.

2. Statement bag -- Great bags really are worth the splurge, and it is important that you spend as much as you think you can afford on this accessory. Cheap purses deteriorate quickly, and worst of all, they LOOK cheap. At minimum, you need a bag for spring and summer, and a bag for fall and winter. For spring and summer, a lighter color leather bag looks great (I really like white leather purses for the warmer months). For fall and winter, you can't go wrong with a rich-looking tan/brown or black leather bag. If you want to "punch-up" your wardrobe, a burgundy, olive or red bag would look amazing with a variety of colors.

3. Watches -- Oh, how I love watches! I'd own 500 if humanly possible! I think every woman should have 2 - 3 watches...one sporty watch for the summer/casual outfits/working out, and one or two everday watches in silver and/or gold.

For casual days, I love the Michele Tahitian jelly beans watch ($295 at Nordstrom) and the Zodiac rubber-strapped watches ($125 at Nordstrom). I personally own a Zodiac, and it wears amazingly well, and BONUS, the rubber strap smells like vanilla. Too cute.

For everyday, I like chunkier watches in either silver or gold. Jomashop.com has a GREAT selection of luxury watches for seriously discounted prices.

Watches I will buy when I win the lottery: Chanel J12, Hermes double-strapped Cape Cod, Michele Tahitian White ceramic watch.

4. Cashmere sweaters -- I adore the boyfriend cashmere cardigans from JCrew. They come in incredible colors and wear like a charm. You can dress them up (over your little black dress), or dress them down (jeans, tank top, big necklace). Cashmere never goes out of style and it is a true luxury. Worth every penny!

5. Truly incredible flats -- My pick for amazing flats goes to Attilio Giusti Leombruni (see picture above). Their leather ballerina flat feels like butter, and are the most comfortable shoe you will ever put on. Most of the flats they make are cap-toed & two-toned shoes (which makes them all the more versatile). Each pair of shoes is hand-sown in Italy by master craftsmen. This is true luxury at $295. Available at Nordstrom.

No comments:

Post a Comment