Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My desert island picks

We all have those items we just can't live without, and it got me thinking, "What would I want at my disposal if I got stuck on a desert island?".  Now, I am going to assume that this island magically has electricity and outlets, although I am the only person on it.  These are my "bare bones" beauty and well-being items!  What are yours?  I'd love to know, so just leave me a comment and we can pass these great tips around.

1.  My sonicare toothbrush -- truly can't live without it!
2.  Glide dental floss -- I really like flossing.
3.  Dove unscented bar soap -- This has been my face-washing staple for years and years.
4.  Cetaphil lotion in the tub -- just so emollient and perfect for our dry weather.
5.  Aveda unscented eye cream -- This has been discontinued and I couldn't be more sad about it!  I go from eye cream to eye cream, never finding a suitable replacement.  I have one jar left...woe is me!
6.  Bobbi Brown spf 15 pot lip balm -- I use this morning, noon and night.  It is simply the best lip balm I have ever tried and even though it has spf, I use it before I go to bed.
7.  Aveeno unscented sensitive skin spf 30 facial lotion -- I really love this face lotion, and I really love the low price!  Although it contains SPF, it goes on sheer and is not shiny.  Additionally, it mixes well with my foundation to make a "tinted moisturizer".
8.  Juice Plus supplements -- love getting those antioxidants from fresh fruits and veggies.  I swear it makes me healthier!  My hair and nails grow like gangbusters.
9.  Fish Oil capsules by Theratears -- These help with dry eye and I think, although can't prove, that my complexion looks healthier when I take them.
10.  Aquaphor ointment -- Is there anything that Aquaphor can't help?
11.  Band aids and neosporin -- Sadly, I use them so much I should have stock in those companies!
12.  Sephora clear hair bands -- I need a ponytail!
13.  Smart water -- This water is infused with electrolytes and helps me to stay hydrated.  I can actually feel the difference.  If I am really feeling parched, this is my go-to.

That's a long list of things I can't live without, I know!  Perhaps I am high-maintenance???

No comments:

Post a Comment