Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Products I can live without, but chose not to!

One of my previous posts talked about my "desert island picks"...those items I just can't live without.  What follows is a list of items, that space permitting, I would also take to that desert island with me.  I'd beg, "Please, please can I take these things too?"  I could live without them, but I chose not to!  What would be on your list??


 1.  Fit Flops -- I wear these ALL THE TIME!  I don't go barefoot in my house and since I am accident prone, socks aren't a great idea on the hardwood floors.  Fit Flops are flip flops with "toning" properties.  All I know is that they make my back feel TERRIFIC.  I even take my fit flops on trips with me.

2.  Bobbi Brown bronzing powder in medium -- This bronzer is wonderful.  It gives your skin a sun kissed look without a hint of sparkle.  It looks great alone, or under blush.  If I am wearing no other makeup, I am at least wearing this bronzer, which makes me feel "finished".

3.  Shu Uemura eyelash curler -- Considered the Cadillac of eyelash curlers, this is one product I can't live without.  The curler makes your lashes look so long!  One or two squeezes of this curler, and your eyes look wide open and alive.  With or without mascara, this is a keeper!

4.  Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner and cream shadow -- I consider these two products the best cosmetics items on the market.  They DON'T BUDGE at all!  My eye makeup looks just as perfect at 5 p.m. as it does at 9 a.m. due to these amazing products.

5.  Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara -- I've tried so many mascaras, and this is by far the best I've found (for me!).  It separates my lashes and makes them look full, but is not in the least bit cakey.  My trick is to put one coat of regular mascara on my eyes, and follow with the the waterproof version.  This keeps my mascara on during the day, but easy to remove at night.

6.  L'Oreal Brow Stylist in Blonde -- As a very recent brow convert, I will say that this pencil softly defines my brows and frames my face, but doesn't make me feel like a circus clown!  It really does make a big difference for those of us with blonde brows.

7.  Kiss My Face "Active Athletic" bath and shower gel -- This birch and eucalyptus infused gel smells calming and exhilarating at the same time (how is that possible?)!  I love it after a work-out.  It is so moisturizing and soothing!

8.  La Roche Posay sunscreen -- I like any and all types of this brand of sunscreen.  They provide the best protection...truly there is nothing on the market like it.

9.  Moroccan Oil -- I could sing the praises of this wonderful line of hair products.  Moroccan Oil contains argan oil, which may be the best scent on the planet.  Their shampoo and conditioner smell like heaven and truly moisturize/defrizz hair.  It seems like it was created specifically for people living in Denver!  The oil goes on lightly and gives my hair incredible shine.  I haven't tried a MO product that I didn't love.

No comments:

Post a Comment