Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Perfect trench coat

Every fashion book I read sings the praises of the trench coat.  Why?  Because it is chic, yet durable and functional.  Few items in your wardrobe will work three out of the four seasons!  I like my coats to be slightly fitted, with room enough for a sweater to fit comfortably underneath, and this Calvin Klein trench fits the bill.

This trench hits just below the bum and ties nicely at the waist for a "cinching" effect.  I've worn many things underneath and have never had that bothersome "bunching" you can get with a too-fitted coat.  I have tried on $400+ trench coats, and I think this one by Calvin Klein is superior to many pricier versions.  It comes in khaki, black and a denim color & is $128.

Disclaimer:  The Burberry Trench is the creme de la creme of trench coats.  They cost over $800, but hey, if you can afford it, this will be an investment piece you wear throughout your life.  Otherwise, this CK trench will do just fine!

photo from Nordstrom.com, Calvin Klein trench $128

No comments:

Post a Comment